Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
Job Post –Director of the Life-Sciences Core Facilities
Position Title: Director of the Life-Sciences Core Facilities
Reporting to: Professor Sima Yaron
Start Date: June 2018
Type of Position: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Guangdong Technion Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) in Shantou, Guangdong Province, is looking for an experienced Ph.D. in Biotechnology or Biology to manage a core facility unit and provide high-end professional services to faculty members in order to support their research. The position is in GTIIT for a period of at least three years.
The incumbent is responsible for Establishing and running a new core facility unit providing services to researchers. The unit includes a large variety of biological instruments and technologies, including light microscopy, fluorescence and confocal microscopy, flow cytometry and sorting, genomics, mass spectrometry, and other research equipment including ultra-centrifuges, plate readers, gel-documentation, sonicators, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assisting in choosing and purchasing of proper equipment/materials for the unit, installing and testing them.
· Writing operation manuals, methods and protocols of the instruments for the users (graduated students and faculty members).
· Taking care of safety issues in the lab.
· Teaching the users and assisting them to operate the instruments. Supervising the work of the users to ensure proper usage and reliable results.
· Taking care of time-sharing and scheduling the work on the instruments.
· Assist to perform results analyses when required (Including image analyses, bio-informatics and FACS analysis).
· Taking care of maintenance and keeping the lab facilities operational and ready for the users (Including managing proper inventory of spare parts).
· Supervising, manage and guiding a team of research field specialists.
· Taking care of routine administrative tasks related to the core facility unit.
· Taking care of charging the users, according to faculty policy.
· Participating in research projects carried out by faculty members.
· Ph.D. degree in Biotechnology, Biology or other relevant programs.
· Fluent English: speaking, reading and writing.
· Experience in working with biological technologies, such as light microscopy, fluorescence and confocal microscopy, flow cytometry and sorting, genomics, mass spectrometry.
· Excellent communication, educational skills andservice consciousness.
· Ability of solving technical problems and self-learning.
· Ability of reading scientific papers and adopting research procedures.
· Traveling to the Technion in Haifa, Israel for a training period as needed.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in the format of name + position.
- English Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or MSc studies)
- Degree certificates with English translation
- A short statement about how your application matches the above given selection criteria
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a Sino-foreign cooperative educational institution established by Shantou University (STU) and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Technion) with independent legal person status. The university is located in the city of Shantou, Guangdong Province.
GTIIT aims to introduce world-class engineering education resources to promote innovative reform of education in China, encourage high-tech industries of Israel to move into Shantou and Guangdong, bring more innovative and competitive research to Guangdong and China.