Guangdong TechnionIsrael Institute of Technology
Job Post – Director of Admissions Office
Position Title: Director of Admissions Office
Department: Admissions Office
Reporting to: Pro-Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Type of Position: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post Number: SR-2017042
The Admissions Office is the executive arm of the Admissions Committee. The main responsibilities of the Director include formulating intake plans, conducting admissions and dealing with routine undergraduate recruitment issues in accordance with the admissions regulations and detailed implementation rules made by GTIIT. The incumbent will be fully responsible for the general work at GTIIT Admissions Office, implement decisions and instructions from the Admissions Committee, organize and carry out intake plans, publicity, and admissions etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Organize and implement full-time regular undergraduate recruitment, as well as strengthening the contact and collaboration with student recruitment authorities both in and outside Guangdong Province. Strictly implement relevant recruitment policies set by education authorities.
· Draw up general student recruitment plans for the university and annual recruitment plans, based on the policies of the academic leadership of GTIIT.
· Draft various recruitment documents and regulations.
· Compile publicity material, release recruitment information, provide consultations, and carry out publicity campaigns.
· Organize and implement examination and admission work relevant to Gaokao (College Entrance Exam).
· Expand ties with key high schools around China and establish excellent student source bases.
· Collaborate relevant enrollment work, including review of freshmen’s enrollment qualification, evaluation on scholarships for excellent freshmen, explanation and resolution of problems encounteredin the process of recruitment, etc.
· Collect information on the sources of students, conduct surveys, such as analyzing admission data, and provide reference data and proposals for the running and student recruitment of the university.
Required Job Specifications
· Required qualification: Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably with overseas education experience
· Required experience: 5 years or above working experience, preferably in the field of student admissions in higher education institutes
Required Job Competencies
· Knowledge of admissions regulations of Chinese colleges and universities, and relevant admissions procedures
· Advanced language ability in Chinese and English (both speaking and writing); able to work in an English-speaking environment
· Familiar with MS Office in collecting statistics, preparing reports, word processing, presentation, etc.
· Good organization and planning skills
· Good communication, interpersonal and coordinating skills
· Familiar with internet language and tools, understand online marketing skills
· Able to adapt to tight work schedules and frequent business travels
Application InformationPlease send your English and Chinese CVs to email@example.com in the format of name + position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.