Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
Job Post –Manager of Educational Analytical Laboratories
Position Title: Manager of Educational Analytical Laboratories
Department: Faculty of Science
Reporting to: Professor Israel Shechter
Start Date: Immediate
Type of Position: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post Number: FS-2017038
Guangdong Technion Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) in Shantou, Guangdong Province, is looking for a Ph.D. in analytical chemistry to serve as manager of teaching analytical laboratories in the newly opened institute.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will manage several analytical chemistry lab courses for undergraduate students. The responsibilities include:
· Assist the faculty member in charge of the lab (“the teacher”) in designing of laboratory experiments for students.
· Assist in choosing and purchasing of proper equipment/materials for the labs and testing them.
· Test various experiments before introducing them to the students.
· Assist the teacher in writing the lab instructions for the students.
· Responsible for running analytical labs for students.
· Take care of lab program and schedule during the semester.
· Guide lab technicians for preparing chemicals and setups for the labs.
· Supervise the work of the lab technicians.
· Be present during the lab sessions and solve technical problems.
· Take care of safety issues in the lab.
· Provide support to the lab assistants before the lab and during the lab.
· Assist the teacher in following students’ progress and grades.
· Take care of lab maintenance and keeping the lab facilities operational and ready for the students.
· Assist the teacher in routine administrative tasks related to the labs.
· During the student vacations and/or semesters free of teaching labs, the lab manager is requested to assist in lab development and in analytical research carried out by faculty members.
Required Job Specifications
· Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry
· Experience in operating of common analytical instruments, such as optical and mass spectrometers, chromatographs, etc.
Required Job Competencies
· Fluent English in speaking, reading and writing
· Teaching experience, preferably in English is an advantage.
· The position is in GTIIT for a period of at least three years.
· Traveling to the Technion in Haifa, Israel for a training period before the labs start.
· Good communication and educational skills.
· Ability of solving technical problems in an analytical lab.
Please send your English CV to email@example.com in the format of name + position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a Sino-foreign cooperative educational institution established by Shantou University (STU) and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Technion) with independent legal person status. The university is located in the city of Shantou, Guangdong Province.
GTIIT aims to introduce world-class engineering education resources to promote innovative reform of education in China, encourage high-tech industries of Israel to move into Shantou and Guangdong, bring more innovative and competitive research to Guangdong and China.