Position Title: Director of the Undergraduate Studies Office
Department: Undergraduate Studies Office
Report to: PVC for Academic Affairs
Type of Position: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post Number: US-2017018
· Directed by Pro Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and liaison with Technion's GTIIT project team to organize and manage undergraduate study affairs. Manage affairs relating to student diploma and degree certificate. Make sure social science, general education and PE courses are implemented in accordance with program curricula.
· Manage academic administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Organize and manage school teaching under the supervision of the Pro-Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
· Draw up the guiding document of school teaching and prepare annual and semester teaching & work plans.
· Implement, manage and inspect every link in the teaching process to ensure the smooth running of teaching.
· Draw up the budget related to teaching and allocation plan, and supervise the expenditure of funds.
· Review, issue and manage student diplomas and graduation certificates.
· Look for suitable teacher resources; supervise the implementation of social sciences, general education and PE courses.
· Manage the LMS —Learning Management System
Required Job Specifications
· Required qualification: A Doctor degree
· Required experience: minimum 5 year undergraduate teaching; 3 year overseas study or working experience; minimum 1 year teaching affairs management experience
Required Job Competencies
· Communication skills (English & Chinese): fluent English and Chinese communication skills at both academic levels.
· Good human communication skills
The Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a Sino-foreign cooperative educational institution established by Shantou University (STU) and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Technion) with independent legal person status. The university is located in the city of Shantou, Guangdong Province. GTIIT aims to introduce world-class engineering education resources to promote innovative reform of education in China, encourage high-tech industries of Israel to move into Shantou and Guangdong, bring more innovative and competitive research to Guangdong and China.
Please send your English and Chinese CVs to email@example.com in the format of name + position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.