Position Title: Manager of the Registration and Academic Service Center
Department: Office of Undergraduate Studies
Report to: Director, Office of Undergraduate Studies
Date: May, 2017
Type of Position: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post Number: US-2017017
Reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Studies and supported by assistants, and in connect with the Undergraduate Studies Coordinators of the Faculties to oversee student registrations, student academic records, student degrees and certificates, school calendar, teaching and examination timetabling and academic services.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee the institutional registration and academic services.
· Draw up and implement procedures to carry out the student registrations.
· Liaison with Technion counterparts to process GTIIT students' registration to Technion.
· Draw up and implement procedures to keep student' academic records, making sure such records fulfill requirements of both Chinese and Technion regulations.
· Process students' diplomas and degree certificates according to both the Chinese and Technion regulations.
· Directed by the Director of Undergraduate Studies and liaison with Technion counterparts to draft the institution's academic calendars, semester teaching timetables, and examination timetables.
· Oversee other necessary academic services, like teaching facilities, exam paper scanning, textbook supplies, etc, of the Registration and Academic Service Center provides to faculties.
· Complete other tasks assigned by the superiors.
Required Job Specifications
· Required qualification: Bachelor degree and above.
· Required experience: Minimum 3 years oversees study experience. Experiences with Chinese university teaching affairs managements preferred.
Required Job Competencies
· Communication skills (English & Chinese): Fluent Chinese and English oral and writing communication.
The Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a Sino-foreign cooperative educational institution established by Shantou University (STU) and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Technion) with independent legal person status. The university is located in the city of Shantou, Guangdong Province. GTIIT aims to introduce world-class engineering education resources to promote innovative reform of education in China, encourage high-tech industries of Israel to move into Shantou and Guangdong, bring more innovative and competitive research to Guangdong and China.
Please send your English and Chinese CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org in the format of name + position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Contact Person: Ms. Chen