Position Title: Manager of the General Education Center
Department: Office of Undergraduate Studies
Report to: Director, Office of Undergraduate Studies
Date: May, 2017
Type of Position: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post Number: US-2017016
Reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Studies, oversees the planning and implementation of General Education courses in GTIIT. At the same time as a professional instructor also teaches general education courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversees the planning and implementation of General Education courses in GTIIT, including coordinating the "entrepreneurship", "physical education", and general education courses on constitutions, laws, citizen ethics and national issues.
· Plan general education courses to make sure the courses are operated in accordance with both Technion and the Chines regulations.
· Search suitable full-time and part-time instructors to make sure all general education courses will be delivered with quality.
· Teach as an instructor at least once per semester a general education course constitutions, laws, citizen ethics and national issues.
Required Job Specifications
· Required qualification: Doctor degree in philosophy, Chinese literature, law, humanity, scientific history, or alike.
· Required experience: administrative experiences preferred
Required Job Competencies
· Communication skills (English & Chinese): Fluent Chinese and English oral and writing communication.
The Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a Sino-foreign cooperative educational institution established by Shantou University (STU) and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Technion) with independent legal person status. The university is located in the city of Shantou, Guangdong Province. GTIIT aims to introduce world-class engineering education resources to promote innovative reform of education in China, encourage high-tech industries of Israel to move into Shantou and Guangdong, bring more innovative and competitive research to Guangdong and China.
Please send your English and Chinese CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org in the format of name + position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Contact Person: Ms. Chen