Position Title: Director of Graduate Studies Research & Innovation
Department: Office of Graduate Studies and Research
Date: April, 2017
Type of Position: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post Number: GSRI-2017009
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall management of the Office of Graduate and Research and Innovation. S/he shall provide support for the national and international research groups, create and maintain the cooperation with industries. Furthermore, the incumbent will facilitate the liaison between the Innovation Center and the Innovation Centers in Technion Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the overall management of the office of Graduate and Research and Innovation;
· Responsible for the registration of GTIIT as qualified institute for funding - local (Guangdong), National (China) and International;
· Support for the national and international of research groups;
· Create and maintain the cooperation with the Industry, including financial support;
· Manage the Innovation center while coordinating with the innovation centers (T3 and others) in Technion.
Required Job Specifications
· Required qualification: Master degree or above
· Required experience: Minimum of 3 years' experience in academic research administration; minimum of 6 years' experience of research funding at national and international level
Required Job Competencies
· Fluency in English at all levels: high
· Management skills: high
· Knowledge of Chinese research funding system and regulations: high
· Communication and collaboration: high
· Knowledge of local innovation's regulation process: high
· Planning and organizing skills: high
The Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a Sino-foreign cooperative educational institution established by Shantou University (STU) and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Technion) with independent legal person status. The university is located in the city of Shantou, Guangdong Province. GTIIT aims to introduce world-class engineering education resources to promote innovative reform of education in China, encourage high-tech industries of Israel to move into Shantou and Guangdong, bring more innovative and competitive research to Guangdong and China.
Please send your English and Chinese CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person: Ms. Chen) in the format of name + position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.